Data is precious. That’s why if something happens to your system, or even if you have just a hard drive, you should come and see us first at PC Clinic.
There are several types of data retrieval methods, all depending on what is happening to the hard drive or storage device.
- Straight forward copying of data from one drive to another drive or machine.
- Hard Drive not recognised – could be what we call RAW or not initialised. Recoverable in most cases.
- External drive not working – can often be just the enclosure which is faulty. Replacement ones available in store.
- Formatted drive – we can recover the contents from formatted drives even if a fresh operating system has been installed over the top.
- Corrupted drive – we have now invested in dedicated software for recovering files from corrupted drives / USB / memory cards.
- Mechanical failure – if the drive is clicking or simply not being detected by our systems, then a clean room strip down and rebuild is needed.
- Broken USB Sticks – in most cases we can repair these, or simply connect them up temporarily to allow us to retrieve data.
Although we do not have a Clean Room environment at our workshop, we do have facilities elsewhere which allow us to get a competitively priced recovery done for our customers. Ask us for more details on any of our recovery options.
Why run the risk of data loss? It’s all very good backing up to external drives and discs, but in disaster environments (fire, floods, burglary etc), this may not be enough to protect you. For this reason we offer an unlimited storage cloud based backup solution with our Protect Plus packages. See this page for more details.